Friday, May 29, 2009

SOS! AUTISM CENTRE CLOSING DOWN - 14 JUN 2009

Dear friends,

I am publishing the article below and hope that you could help to spread the news and make a difference in someone's life. No help is too small to bring a smile onto another face.


Both my sons are suffering from acute form of autism, and they have been going to this centre for the past few months. This centre was funded by a businessman via charity donation. Hence it has been offered as free service to those parents who cannot afford the full commercial service. I am one of those parent who need Early Intervention Program and cannot afford it.

The centre was headed by a very experience teacher in autism management and intervention. He is a retiree and if he left this job I don't think he will be actively working for the good of autistic kids again. I want to secure his service and take over the operation of the centre. I have the business experience and also autism management experience to turn this around.

We are not going to provide a free for all kind of services, but will be very affordable. We will have a trust fund setup to help those who cannot afford to pay for the service. Time is running out, 14 June 2009 is the deadline for the centre to cease operation.

Why am I here asking for help? I have no other way to go and seeking the help from whoever I can get my hand on to. We need the following: -
1. Premise - prefer a corner lot house with some garden area where we can setup sand and water therapy area.
2. Musical - Since autistic kids are very artistic and musically inclined, I want to setup some musical class to explore their potential. Any good working Piano or Electronic piano are needed. Can Yamaha donate some? Anyone who know someone in Yamaha?
3. Art - Art supply for painting and others
4. Renovation - Can some good soul help to pay for the renovation and furnishing of the centre?
5. Telecommunication - Telephone, Fax and Internet access
6. Funding - We need at least one year of funding before we can be self funded. I will work out the requirement once we have more people come into play and willing to help
7. Teaching material - I have plenty in my house becasue both my sons are autistic and I have invested over the years.Anyone can help me to published all the above? I have 2 weeks to put thing together before they closed it down. 20 kids will be affected if the centre is closed down without giving them an alternative to go.




Regards


Shiok Guy

No comments: