The organising team especially Dzul & Irwan have go the extra mile to ensure a safe and fun run for all. So, do take a little time to read up on the DOs & DON'Ts.
Date & Time : Sunday 3rd April 2011, 8am sharp
Venue : Kg Batu 16, Jalan Bentong Lama, Gombak Organiser : Run With Orang Asli Support Group
Enquiries : Dzul via FB message
GENERAL INFO FOR PARTICIPANTS
This unique run will involves running in a special jungle trail cleared by a group of Orang Asli. Unlike the heavily trodden Gasing or FRIM trails, this trail is rarely used but it is a relatively safe environment.
- Throughout the path, runners will pass three small rivers for crossing. It is advisable for runners to use old running shoes or ol’skool rubber boots (aka ‘adidas Kampung’) for this event.
- The water station is set-up at the starting point and one loop will be approximately 8km. There is no plan to have a water station in the jungle trail. Runners are advised to carry small bottles, or a hydration pack.
- Insect and leech repellant is advisable. Compression socks will also help.
- Wearing long sleeves and long pants may help avoid scratches and insects. Garden gloves are useful.
- There is a nice river, suitable for a dip. Perhaps you might want to bring your bathing suits along.
- Running bibs will provided during the registrations
- There will be a small post-run gathering. Wait for the surprises!
The race will begin at Kampung Batu 16, next to the Pusat Pengajian Luar Universiti Malaya. It will end, at the same place.
DIRECTION TO THE VENUE
Drive yourself towards Karak Highway either via MRR2, Duke Highway or Jalan Kuching. Before reaching the toll, follow slight left towards the direction of Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM). Continue straight onto Jalan Sungai Pusu for 1km. Upon reaching the traffic light, take a right turn into Jalan Gombak and you will be in the area of Kampung Sungai Salak. Drive along for approximately 6km and you will reach Kampung Sungai Rumput. Continue for aprox 7km until you see a sign ‘Pusat Pengajian Luar Universiti Malaya’ on your left. From there on, there will be volunteers directing you to the nearest available car park.
For those who is driving with Sat-Nav GPS system, you may enter the following coordinates: 3.325979,101.754792 into your devices
The car park area is by the road side. We will try our best to make sure all cars are safe through the stay but please do not leave any valuables in your vehicle. Please bring them along and leave your belongings at the left luggage area at the registration area. Alternatively, you can car pool with your friends and here are few suggestions for the meeting point.
1. From Bukit Aman
2. Petronas Sri Hartamas
3. Padang Astaka
We let you decide among yourselves to arrange the car pool. We are strongly urging you to car pool to reduce the congestion and at the same time save on the fuel and toll money. WHAT TIME DOES THE RACE START? Race Briefing (compulsory): 8.00 AM Race Start: 8.30 AM
First thing first: THIS IS NOT A RACE!
- There is nothing technical about it. SO what is we run 8km in the trail run.
- There will be local Orang Asli helping us out along the trails.
- The route is marked with the red cautionary tapes at various locations.
- If in doubt, stop and look out for the red-white tapes.
- Since we are running on a trail in the relatively thick forest, be mindful of your own safety and stay alert of the other runner’s well being.
The run will be divided into 3 groups. This is purely for allowing ample space between each runner in the narrow path of the trail Make way for faster runners who want to pass you.
HOW DO WE MANAGE HYDRATION? We recommend all runners to bring some form of their own hydration system. As we are running through a very remote area, there are no mamak-stalls or 7Elevens for you to buy water.
The organizer would recommend for each of you to have a hydration bag or water bottle carrier. Water station will be available at the beginning/end of the run at the registration point. You may fill your hydration pack, water bottles with drinks provided at the starting point
Wishing all a FUN DAY out there!!!!