Monday, May 12, 2008

BETWEEN THE OLD MR. RIGHT AND NEW MR. RIGHT


North Star - RM30.00
Bought more than 18 months ago while holidaying in Cameron Highlands. It was a last minutes decision. While having tea at one of the shops, a local friend casually mentioned that it would be a waste if just hang around at the mamak shop in Tanah Rata. He suggested climbing up Gunung Berembun.

As we were in slippers and its quite far to walk back to our camp site, we just walked into one of the departmental store and grab this Mr North Star. Since then Mr NS has been running with me in many road races. Mr NS had been to many 10KM races, 204km KL-Maran Walk (twice) and 21KM in the recent Kuala Lumpur International Marathon 2008. The most recent Bomba Run and Asthma Run, too.

So, thats my Mr NS latest look. Still quite good looking, right?

And the soon to be ............

SAUCONY FW2 - RM130

My would-be 'Mr Right'. Better be because its gonna cost me 4x more than North Star. Here I come FW2, soon you'll be mine!

However, I have no intention to abandon my North Star yet cause it has been dutifully with me in many races and there will be many more to come.








No comments: